How much does a Schengen visa insurance cost?
The cost of a Schengen insurance policy is an important factor, almost as much as the coverage offered. Learn how to get the best of both here.
How much does Schengen visa insurance cost?
A Schengen visa is a short stay visa that allows citizens of other countries to freely move between Schengen Area countries for work or leisure. In order to obtain one, you must submit a full application to a consular authority, including travel medical insurance, among other documents. As you apply for a Schengen visa, see how you can get the best insurance at the best price.
Schengen visa insurance cost, an important factor
Whether you are travelling to one of the Schengen Area Member States alone, with your family or for business, the cost of travel insurance is an important factor that we often look at first. It is part of the often tight, or at least limited, budget of the upcoming trip. But be careful, when travelling to a Schengen Area Member State, in addition to the cost of the travel insurance, you must consider all of the coverage offered for two important reasons:
- First of all, because travel insurance for a Schengen visa application must fulfil certain criteria or your application will be denied.
- Finally, the travel insurance policy you take out should provide sufficient coverage so that you can travel to one or several Schengen Area Member States worry free.
The best thing is clearly to combine the two: an affordable Schengen visa insurance policy and sufficient coverage for your visa application and trip. So, Europ Assistance created a Schengen visa travel insurance policy, travel insurance at a great rate that you can count on.
The cost of Europ Assistance’s Schengen visa insurance policy
“You can easily take out a Schengen VISA insurance policy with Europ Assistance for a very low cost.” Don’t take it from us, but from of the most well-known Schengen visa information website. This is because Europ Assistance has not only one of the most competitive travel insurance policies on the market, but is also recognised and accepted by Schengen embassies and consulates all over the world .
Europ Assistance Schengen travel insurance is available starting at 3 euros per person and adjusts to the length of your trip. Whether you are travelling alone, with your family, or on a tourist business trip, the cost of your Schengen visa insurance stays the same and it is not subject to a medical exam.
Finally, your Europ Assistance Schengen visa insurance policy’s rate is calculated based on the length of your trip. You are covered as soon as you leave your country of residence and enter the Schengen Area, and it lasts until you leave the Schengen Area on the end date indicated on your insurance certificate.
A low-cost, yet effective, Schengen visa insurance policy
The Europ Assistance Schengen travel insurance policy is a low-cost Schengen visa insurance, but is also a policy you can count on for three reasons:
1. Europ Assistance’s Schengen visa insurance policy is valid for everyone.
Individuals, families or professionals may take out a Europ Assistance Schengen visa insurance policy regardless of the reason for their trip.
2. You can count on Europ Assistance for your Schengen visa because:
- As soon as you sign up, you can download your proof of travel insurance. A considerable advantage for quickly applying for your visa.
- Europ Assistance Schengen travel insurance complies with European regulations, such as: policy valid for the entire duration of the trip and in all Member Countries of the Schengen Area; medical expenses covered for a minimum of 30,000 euros; emergency medical and hospital expenses covered as well as death expenses if necessary.
- Europ Assistance’s Schengen travel insurance is recognised and accepted by Schengen consular authorities around the world.
With Europ Assistance’s Schengen travel insurance, one thing is certain: your visa application will not be denied because of your travel insurance. This way, you can apply your visa with peace of mind! If, however, your Schengen visa application is denied for any another reason, we will reimburse your insurance premium.
3. Europ Assistance’s Schengen travel insurance means your can travel worry-free. With our two options, your emergency travel insurance covers you 24/7:
Schengen policy (starting at 3 euros per person):
- Medical expenses covered up to 30,000 euros in case of illness or accident,
- Medical repatriation,
- Death assistance.
Schengen Plus policy (starting at 5 euros per person):
- Medical expenses covered up to 60,000 euros in case of illness or accident,
- Medical repatriation,
- Death assistance,
- Coverage area extended to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom,
- Expenses covered if you extend your trip for medical reasons,
- Return expenses for the person accompanying the insured person in case of repatriation,
The Europ Assistance Schengen visa travel insurance policy means you can travel with peace of mind within the Schengen Area and, once you’ve arrived, fully enjoy your trip.Tweet